Frank Chimero blogged about his surprise at seeing a horse in the Apple store. Amazingly, miniature horses really can serve as guide animals to the disabled. There are even legitimate reasons to have a guide horse over a guide dog:
- For people who are allergic to dogs
- For those who have a fear of dogs
- If a longer-lived guide animal is desired
- If someone is already familiar with handling horses
In 2010, the Americans with Disabilities Act revised regulations to include horses as guide animals provided they meet certain regulations, such as whether the guide horse is housebroken. It turns out there may be more advantages to a guide horse over a guide dog:
- Horses have nearly 350-degree vision
- Horses may be better accepted in public because guide dogs could be viewed as pets
- Guide horses may have better endurance than guide dogs when walking long distances
- Horses have a great memory for avoiding dangerous situations, which I would guess is related to the fact that they’re prey animals
Vox reported on Mona Ramouni, who travels with her miniature horse on airplanes. Below is a video about Mona’s relationship with her guide horse, Cali.
trying to find you on facebook, wats your profile
Thanks for asking! You can now find ilovehorses.net on FB – http://www.facebook.com/pages/ilovehorsesnet/160246437365896
Good post, I’ve just got a poodle dog to train.
You can certainly see your skills in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.
It’s actually a great and useful piece of information.I’m glad that you shared this helpful information with us.Please keep us informed like this.Thanks for sharing
Hey friend can i publish some paragraph of your article on my little blog of university.I have to publish a good articles out there and i really think your post Fits best into it.I will be grateful to give you an source link as well.I have two blogs one my own and the other which is my college blog.I will publish some part in the university blog.Hope you do not mind.
Hi! Thanks for asking. Yes, you may quote a paragraph from this article and provide a source link to http://www.ilovehorses.net. Please post a link to your article here. I’d love to read it. 🙂